7/19/2016

Why I want to live near a beach

What is it with beaches? What is it that draws us to the waters??

I'm neither a sunbather or a swimmer but I feel indistinctly drawn towards the sea. My parents live on the west coast of England in a little seaside town. Winter months can lend it an eerily feel and deary look but come summer time everything is magical. Everything comes alive. Activities on the sea front. OAP by their coach loads are sitting there eating their ice creams. The beach huts are open, all the little stores are set up and lanterns are hung up making for a holiday feel.

It is because our body is made up of 70% water?? Without water we would die.  No matter how materialistic someone may be as an individual the pull of nature soon works on everyone.

Summer just wouldn't be summer for me if I didn't go to one beach. I would feel as if my time had been wasted.  I sure I'm not the only one who feels this way but the weather in the UK is so changeable that when we have a good day, we really like to milk it for all it's worth as we know that tomorrow we could wake up with rain.

I am lucky in some ways as I live in London but because of where my family live I can visit the beach every weekend if I wanted to. The best of both worlds (maybe) 

Jessica

No comments

Post a Comment

© Vodka and a RoseMaira Gall