6/20/2016

Bio Oil

A couple of months or so ago, I had a little accident involving my hand and an oven. I was taking my lunch out of the middle shelf and my right hand caught the bar above.  Straight away I placed my hand under the cold tap, slapped on some Savlon and then ate my lunch. I didn't think too much about it. However whilst eating my lunch my hand began to hurt, I waited until I finished my lunch because like doh! I removed the Savlon and noticed that there was an angry red mark across my right hand. It also felt burning hot. I then went into some sort of shock as I kept looking at the mark and then looking away as if it wasn't real. Immediately I plunged my hand into a sinkful of cool water and left it there for nearly two hours whilst balancing my laptop across my lap.

To say I was shocked by this is something of an understatement.  I really did think at the time it was just a little knock but obviously an oven being hot and all that meant just a simple little  tap was all that was required to leave a red mark on my hand.  I started slapping on the Boots Wounding Healing Gel straight away and applied several times a day as recommended. I did this for about a month and whilst I am pleased with how my scar has healed overall. I still have a raised mark.

Which brings me to the product above, I have heard a lot of great things about Bio Oil from bloggers and youtubers. I have noticed the skin on the scar and around are a lot drier and look a little flaky due to where my oven decided to take my skin off.  Not only is this stuff good for burns but also scars and ageing skin as well.  I've never used this product before but in order to help improve my skin, I decided to plump and buy it.. The mark is on my right hand, I'm left handed so I feel slightly luckier.  I would have felt worse if it was on my writing hand. Obviously when Jake  Gyylanhael proposes to me and presents me with a massive diamond ring, I don't want a scar to ruin all the pictures!!  I will let you know how I get on with Bio Oil

Jessica

Image - Pinterest

No comments

Post a Comment

© Vodka and a RoseMaira Gall