5/19/2016

Whole Wheat Pasta with Balsamic Basil Spinach Dressing

Hi Guys, I am a huge fan of  The Vanilla Bean Blog if you haven't heard of this blog then you need to check them out (link above highlighted) Probably one of the easiest cookery blogs to follow and navigate yourself around without getting lost. I am not the world's greatest cook and as I only cook for myself I am probably one of the world least adventurous foodie!! However I can manage to cook pasta in some shape of form for myself and have even mananged it for other people as well without burning. I was super impressed with this recipe adapted from another recipe from the Blue Heron Coffeehouse. I have this weird way of doing things in which I tend to use tablespoons for everything but I seem to make it work!
  • How To Make: Whole Wheat Pasta with Dressing
  • 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  •                                               8 tablespoons good olive oil 
  • 4 tablespoons red pepper flakes
  • 2 tablespoons black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 2 ounces chopped tomato
  • 8 tablespoons packed fresh basil, plus 4 tablesoons fresh basil, chopped
  • 2 ounces fresh spinach
  • 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
  • 1 pound whole wheat pasta, cooked
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes


Cook your pasta as suggested by the instructions on the package. You can either do this before and then cool or make your pasta as the same time as making the dressing. Place the vinegar, olive oil, red pepper flakes, pepper, salt, oregano, sugar, tomato, 8 tablespoons basil, spinach, and garlic in a food processor and mix until pureed. In a bowl, pour the dressing over the pasta and toss until combine. Then add the remaining basil leaves and tomatoes and then give another gentle toss or stir. The great thing about this recipe is that it tastes great hot or cold. You could make more for yourself and take any remaining leftovers for work the next day.

Jessica Rose


No comments

Post a Comment

© Vodka and a RoseMaira Gall