4/07/2016

Ikea Furnishings

 All images via Ikea

Good old Ikea, where would we be without them? Well we'd probably have better backs (I blame lugging all those flatpacks!)  and more money in our purses but apart from that where would we be? Who doesn't own something from Ikea in their house whether it's been a complete kitchen refit or a little mug. I can't think of anyone who hasn't braced the yellow brick road to Ikea hell sorry I meant to say Heaven.

One of the things I like about Ikea is they get that not everyone lives in a mansion. I love looking through interior magazines but they always seem to feature bathrooms bigger than my flat.  Ikea also takes into account people's budgets as well. Not everyone has 60 grand to spending doing up their kitchen and is spending 60 grand on a kitchen really money well spent? I think I would be too frightened to do anything in my kitchen if my worktops cost that price. I know for sure I would do something to ruin them by the end of the week.

I have noted though, when I peek through Living Magazine a lot of people always seems to have kitchens from Ikea! The quality of Ikea I feel has improved over the years and now I don't feel that just because something is cheaper it's going to break apart by the end of the year. My sister has Ikea wardrobes for her kids which have been pulled apart and put back together during moves across the country and they are still going strong seven years on. 

I have to say their website is really fantastic at delivering fresh ideas. Everytime and I guarantee you it is everytime I look at their site...I'm like...I want that....I want that....EVERY.SINGLE.TIME...I don't need it just for the record but our wants and needs are two different things.

I have a bit of a thing for their Outdoor section at the moment. I live in a flat so I don't have an outdoor space as such but I would love to have a garden filled with garden lights and lanterns and  hammocks and lots of friends and good food. If anyone reading this has a garden full of this stuff please invite me over...thank you. 

Jessica

No comments

Post a Comment

© Vodka and a RoseMaira Gall