11/06/2015

7 Weeks until Christmas - Argghhhhhhhhh

This picture is London 1915, I'm not sure who the credit is though...if anyone knows.

Can you believe there's only 7 weeks until Christmas.  That means about 8 weeks until the end of the year. That means 2015 is nearly over. That means 2016 is just around the corner. Am I being melodramatic, stating the obvious!

To be honest, I'm not sure whether or not I'm excited at the thought of entering another year or simply stunned that this year has flashed past so suddenly and SO QUICKLY!! I really do feel as if we reached March and then skipped forward to October. I know all bloggers seem to go on about this fact but it really is true. Once you've left school/uni it really is scary how quickly times goes. 

My sister is hosting Christmas at her house (lucky her!) so everyone is descending to her neck of the woods in Devon. I'm really going to enjoy Christmas this year as I worked both Christmas and Boxing Day last year, I also worked both New Years Eve and New Years Day.....but no, not this year.My sympathy to anyone who is working over the holidays. In breaking with tradition I purchased all my presents on line, simply because I didn't want to have to lug them all around in my suitcase on the train. Not wrapped though, so I can't feel too smug.

As way of contribution I am buying the chocolate and treats for the family. Think tins of Celebrations and Mint Matchsticks. Just a few little bits and pieces. When you have an extra 6 or so people in the house, you end up buying a lot more food...so this is my way of helping, bring something to the table as so to speak.

I am hoping for snow, I don't think this will happen. What I know will happen is that I shall eat the weight of an elephant in food and then try to walk/wobble if off on the moors despite my good intentions.

I've been pondering these past few days about time and how to make the most of it. Getting back into blogging again, how I would like my blog to develop and I am writing down some goals.....

What will you guys be doing for Christmas???


Jessica

No comments

Post a Comment

© Vodka and a RoseMaira Gall